Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
We believe that every wedding ceremony is a witness to the love of Christ for His Body, the Church (Eph. 5:21-33) and that as a Christian couple, your love relationship reflects the image of Christ to those around you. We are excited to partner with you as your prepare for both your wedding day and marriage, and pray God blessing over your commitment to Him and one another.
So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13
The Need-to-Knows of Booking a Wedding at Christ Chapel:
- Christ Chapel is open for weddings to members and regular attenders of our fellowship. To book your wedding, either you or your future spouse will need to be attending Christ Chapel services on a regular basis and consider CCBC your church home.
- All wedding dates must be submitted for approval. Due to the volume of events regularly scheduled at Christ Chapel, we are unable to book weddings more than 12 months in advance. Christ Chapel does not hold weddings on Sundays.
- Christ Chapel holds weddings in both the Sanctuary and Chapel at the Fort Worth Campus. The Sanctuary seats 1,500 people, but is typically used for ceremonies with 200 to 300 guests. The Chapel seats 450 guests. Both venues are $700 to rent.
- After paying your wedding fee, couples are required to meet with Christ Chapel’s wedding director for a wedding orientation. At the end of this meeting you will be fully booked.
- Christ Chapel requires that all couples booking a CCBC wedding complete Christ Chapel’s Marriage Mentoring program. Within 30 days of booking your wedding, you will need to contact the Marriage Mentoring Coordinator to initiate the mentoring process.
- It is the responsibility of the couple to secure a Christ Chapel pastor to either officiate or sponsor their choice of an outside officiant.
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
How to Book a Wedding
Complete and submit the Wedding Date Request Form. Please understand that processing and approval takes one to five business days to complete.
Once your date is approved, pay the $700 fee.
Attend the Wedding Orientation within two weeks of paying the fee. At the end of the orientation, you will be fully booked. Please note: Orientation lasts approx. an hour and a half.
CCBC’s Marriage Guidelines
Our pastors consider it a great honor to officiate weddings and believe that it’s not only a privilege, but also a responsibility to help couples build solid marriages. Over the years, they have discovered five basic elements that greatly strengthen the foundations of any marriage relationship. They’ve also learned that it’s wisest, when any of these elements is missing, to excuse themselves from officiating.
- Adequate preparation: Marriage is a complex relationship meriting careful preparation. A couple needs to understand what marriage is and what changes and sacrifices it will require. Decisions need to be made as to core values, goals and key issues such as childbearing/rearing and financial policies. At CCBC, preparing for marriage involves a thorough program of premarital preparation we call “Marriage Mentoring.” This mentoring is mandatory. Christ Chapel requires at least three months’ advance notice prior to the date of the wedding. This will allow a couple to demonstrate maturity and readiness in the above areas. A couple may reserve the building and schedule a pastor to perform the ceremony with the understanding that the arrangements are contingent upon the completion of these mentoring sessions.
- Parental/family approval: Marriage unites not just individuals, but also families. Much grief can be avoided if careful steps are taken to gain the extended family’s approval of a marriage. Exceptions can be made upon evaluating the motives of dissenting parents/family members and their reasons for resisting the marriage (cf. Exo. 20:12; Prov. 6:20; 23:22, 30:17).
- Spiritual harmony: Marriage is based on shared spiritual and moral values. Thus, if one person is a believer in Jesus Christ and draws their spiritual center from His Word, it is vital that his or her mate also be a believer in Jesus Christ with a similar spiritual orientation (2 Cor. 6:14-18).
- Moral Purity: Because Christian marriage is based on biblical morality, ongoing cohabitation or sexual involvement before marriage constitutes a violation of God’s standards of moral purity. It is vital that a Christian couple keep themselves sexually pure as a firm foundation for a lasting relationship in marriage (Acts 15:29; Eph. 5:3; 1 Thess. 4:3; Heb. 13:4).
- Permissible grounds: Scripture is very clear about God’s plan for the permanence of marriage (Matt. 19; Mark 10) and His heartbreak when divorce occurs. God hates divorce for what it does to people and for what it does to the honor of God. Nevertheless, we are painfully aware that divorce can and does occur in the lives of some believers under various circumstances. The topic of divorce and remarriage has been a personal, difficult, and much-debated issue throughout the history of the church, but we believe that we are all called to live according to our understanding of the will of God as expressed in Scripture. The church, as a spiritual family with commitment to honoring Christ and showing earnest love for each other, should be ready to minister forgiveness, healing, reproof, correction and restoration whenever appropriate. Those commitments are the basis for the attached guidelines which are given to reflect our understanding regarding questions of divorce and re-marriage.
Request A Date
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any circumstances that might prohibit your ability to sign the above guidelines, we’d love to talk with you. Contact the Wedding Ministry Director at 817-994-2413 and she will connect you with a pastor on staff.
Request a Wedding Date
Marriage mentoring is open to any couple desiring to be married, but is required for couples that have booked their wedding at Christ Chapel. Our mentor program pairs you and your fiancé(e) with a mentor couple who will meet with you both for six sessions that last two to three hours each. All our mentor couples have been married for at least 15 years and exhibit the traits and skills necessary to build a healthy marriage. For details on the topics discussed in the mentoring sessions, click here. The cost of the program is $110.
To sign up for Marriage Mentoring, call Bruce Casburn, the Mentoring Coordinator, at 817-441-7323.
Guidelines for Dealing with Divorce and Remarriage at Christ Chapel Bible Church
Although we believe that marriage is a sacred union, we know that life isn’t perfect. If you have been divorced, Christ Chapel would still love to consider hosting and/or officiating your wedding. However, we have some specific guidelines and official policies regarding remarriage and divorce. To read them, download the PDFs below.
MEET OUR OFFICIATES
MEET OUR STAFF